Europlanters Ltd Sustainability Policy
Europlanters Ltd Sustainability Policy
Europlanters, its management and employees are committed to the adoption and promotion of sustainability principles across all our business operations and are firmly dedicated to conducting our operations in a socially responsible manner ensuring we provide a safe and sustainable environment for customers, employees, and society. We are committed to the principle of best practice and strive to become a leader in our field of sustainable manufacturing.
Our sustainability policies provides a framework for management, employees and contractors to conduct operations and deliver services in an environmentally friendly and responsible manner. It also outlines our objectives and recognises that our sustainability efforts is one of continuous
We endeavour to:
* Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
* Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
* Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
* Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
* Increase employee awareness and training.
We rely on the commitment and energy of our employees to help us achieve our sustainability goals.
Communication enhances our ability to achieve our sustainability goals. Effective two way communication channels promotes employee contributions, developing better work practices and enhances job satisfaction. Europlanters nurtures employee’s engagement in sustainability programs, motivate employees to connect with sustainability policies and encourages new concepts to influence future sustainability policies.
Employees: Europlanters aims to provide a safe workplace, free from child forced labour with equal opportunities for employees. We provide a challenging and diverse work environment where employees are adequately trained, and personal development is encouraged and supported. We employ fair and consistent recruitment processes and believe that each employee should be treated with respect by management and colleagues. We have procedures in place to protect our workforce against occupational health risks.
Community: Europlanters want to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate in. Where possible we contribute to community projects and charities. We encourage employees to participate in community projects.
Marketplace: Europlanters aim to provide the best product and service using the best delivery method to our customers. We continuously strive for innovation and product development to improve our offerings to customers. Suppliers play an important role in supporting our sustainability programs.
In all business activities Europlanters gives consideration to the environment and its natural resources. We develop products, services and production processes with careful concern for the environment. We aim to provide the best product to our customer whilst keeping our carbon footprint to a minimum, through:
* Waste recycling
* Using recycled packaging
* Adopting energy efficient processes
* Procurement of sustainable raw materials such as Green Resin
* We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
* We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
* We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
* We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
* We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
* Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
* Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
* The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
* We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
* We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
* We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
* We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
* We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
* We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
* We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
* We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
* We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
* Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
* Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
* We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
* We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
* We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
* We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
* We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
* We will increase employee awareness through training.
* We will review this policy and any related business issues at our management meetings.
* We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
* We will update / review this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff where necessary.
* We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
* We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
* We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Share us on…
Share us on…